Monday, December 7, 2015

Clean Brushes 101

Make Up brush Hoarder



Hey Everybody!


      Welcome to my first blog post ever. I'm so excited to tell you all that today I will be sharing to you easy tips on how I clean up my Make Up brushes! 


       To be honest, I never knew how important it is to always clean your brushes at least once a week, 'till I started having break outs on my face. Ack. You don't want to have that! Prevention is key, ladies and gentlemen!


      So today fear not! For I will be sharing to you how I clean these fluffy little things. I've posted pictures below to help you through the process (Not that it's really hard, it's very easy actually ). Let's get started!


What You need:



  • Liquid Hand Soap (Baby Shampoo is fine as well, but I like to really clean up my brushes with anti-bacterial soap)
  • Olive Oil (To soften your brush bristles)
  • Paper towels
  • Tiny Bowl (just for mixing the hand soap with olive oil)
  • Water
  • Dirty brushes!
First, I mixed 2/3 of liquid hand soap with 1/3 of olive oil. You don't want too much Olive oil, as it makes the bristles sticky and oily, you need a little just to soften it up!

With the dirty brush in one hand, I take the mixture in my brush and slowly rub it in my palm, doing circular motions until you see dirt coming off.  I then rinse my brush with running water.


TIP 1:
When washing my brushes I'm very careful NOT to get the metal part of the brush wet. The tendency of getting it wet will destroy your brushes, as the water loosens up the glue that holds the bristles in. 


After rinsing the brushes, In upside down position, I lean them up against the wall placing a paper towel underneath. I wait for a few hours 'till they get dry ! 

TIP 2:
You can also dry them out  by placing them in a jar, UPSIDE DOWN. 
If you have brush guards, please use them. It keeps the bristles in place!




TIP 3

For all you busy beauty junkies out there, who are constantly in a hurry! Baby wipes or Make Up wipes are also one of the quickest ways to get your brushes cleaned! All you have to do is, to do a little tap and brush on the wet wipe until the dirt comes off. Easy Breezy!

So there you have it guys, quick and easy steps to clean up your make up brushes! How did your clean up go? Let me know!

Xoxo,

Kate

Hooooray for clean make up brushes!
 



2 comments: